Graduate Student (February 2009-Feb 2014)
Postdoctoral Associate (March 2014-Current)
University of Minnesota – Duluth Medical School, Duluth, MN (2014-current)
Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO (2002-2006)
Protein structure and function.
Running, volunteering, yoga and eating good food.
How did you get interested in science?
By my grandparents who raised animals and harvested crops. Spending time out in nature made me want to understand why things exist. Science answered many of those questions.
What are your future career goals?
Teaching undergraduate courses in chemistry and getting children/people exciting about science!
- 2013 – American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Meeting, Denver, CO
- 2013- Protein Society Meeting, Boston, MA
- 2013 – RICT International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry: Drug Discovery and Selection, Nice, FR
- 2013 – American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- 2013 – Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing (PSB), Kohala Coast, Hawaii.
- 2012 – 4th Annual PhD Symposium – Computational Biology and Innovation, Dublin, IRE
- 2012 – American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Meeting, Anchorage, AK | Preparing students for success in graduate school
- 2012 – American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA
- 2012 – Protein Society Conference, San Diego, CA
- 2012 – Trends in Enzymology (TinE, Gottingen, GER
- 2012 – St. Jude National Graduate Student Symposium, Memphis, TN
- 2011 – American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Meeting, Minneapolis, MN
- 2011 – Protein Society Conference, Boston, MA
- 2011 – Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology/European Conference on Computational Biology (ISMB/ECCB) Conference, Vienna, AUS
- 2010 – New England Science Symposium, Boston, MA
- 2010 – American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Meeting, Albuquerque, NM
- 2010 – American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, Boston, MA
- 2010 – Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) Conference Boston, MA
- 2010 – 2013 – NSF-Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF), Northeastern University, September 2010 – August 2013 (3-year award, competitive)
- 2013 – Presidential Volunteer Service Award from the White House – Bronze (100 to 249 hours)
- 2012 – Protein Society Finn Wold Travel Award to San Diego, CA
- 2012 – St. Jude’s Hospital National Graduate Student Symposium (NGSS) Speaker
- 2011 – Travel Award to AISES National Conference in Minneapolis, MN
- 2011 – Travel Award to ISMB/ECCB International Conference in Vienna, AUS
Thomas, R., Lee, J.S., Chevalier, V., Selesniemi, K., Hatfield, S., Ondrechen, M.J., Sitkovsky, M.,Jones, G.B., Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 21, 23, 7453-7464 (2013)
Wang, Z., Yin, P., Lee, J.S., Parasuram, P., Somarowthu, S. and Ondrechen, M.J., BMC Bioinformatics, 14 (Suppl 3):S13 (2013)
J.S. Lee and M.J.Ondrechen, Protein Function Prediction for Omics Era, D. Kihara, Ed., Springer, Dordrecht, pp. 183-196 (2011)
R. Parasuram, J.S. Lee, P. Yin, S. Somarowthu, M.J. Ondrechen, Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, 8, 1-15 (2010)